Saturday, April 3, 2010

goodbye denver

Well, we just had our last run this morning in Denver at City Park. So bittersweet. It is a beautiful sunny, windy day outside and it was perfect for a good, longer run. Perfect view of downtown with the mountains in the background. Probably one of my favorite places to run.

Work was a sad ending...not even really an end. I didn't get to see anyone I knew a little better for the last time because I ended up working on the surgical unit where I've never been before, and only got in 16 hours. The positive side of it was all my evenings free, and getting to go to the Tattered Cover, a bookstore just a short walk away, and chilling there before work. And Thursday getting to have dinner at Andrew and Kristen's house...our new friends and community group leaders from church. We feel blessed that people would take the time to care and get together when we're here for such a short time. I will miss the other people we've begun getting to know at church and work too.

So excited for some time with my family this week though! In just a couple hours half of them will be getting here and then heading up to Vail after church and picking up Carissa tomorrow. Can't wait for the last few days of skiing this year, and looks like it just snowed a bunch there too. :)

After skiing, Caleb and I will be driving through Utah seeing the beautiful scenery and heading to the Grand Canyon. I think we'll be hiking about 14 miles the first day to get to our campsite, taking the 2nd day a little easier, and then about 16 miles heading out on the last day. And from there, making the long drive back to Indiana.

So after that? Only God knows at this point.

1 comment: