Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do you work in order to live, or live in order to be able to work?

"Work is a good thing for man--a good thing for his humanity--because through work man not only transforms nature, adapting it to his own needs, but he also achieves fulfillment as a human being. Work expresses his dignity and increases it: It provides him with the wherewithal to have a family, and it links him with his neighbor. Not to mention also contributing to the wealth of his neighbors."

-Pope John Paul II

This is from "Thou Shall Prosper" by Rabbi Daniel Lapin...just finished reading it. So after a few months of hardly working at all, I'm going back to Memorial again on Monday! Not looking forward to nights, but mostly excited to work there. It is really refreshing to have this attitude about work, which is getting better. Also helps that I keep getting more experienced; it makes being a nurse more enjoyable.

I was reviewing some material on the heart and heart rhythms yesterday. It amazed me again how God made the body so complex and with so much detail, even down to the cellular level. And it is cool that there will always be something new for me to learn about nursing or about how the body works. :) Strange that I am more interested in all this stuff too. I wanted to be a nurse when I was 5, but after that, never even thought about it until college. Funny how life takes you where you never thought it would!

No comments:

Post a Comment