Tuesday, July 13, 2010

worship

Wow...I just read this excerpt from a guy who writes in a newsletter from our church back in Denver. This is where I'm at right now...what I think God is trying to teach me lately, as I have been working less and trying to find something full time.

...from another A. W. Tozer book – “Whatever Happened to Worship?”
“…Oh, if we would only remember who He is! God has actually never needed any of us – not one. But we pretend that He does and we make it a big thing when someone agrees ‘to work for the Lord’.
We all should be willing to work for the Lord, but it is a matter of grace on God’s part. I am of the opinion that we should not be concerned about working for God until we have learned the meaning and the delight of worshiping Him…
… I fear that there are many professing Christians who do not want to hear such statements about their ‘busy schedule’, but it is the truth. God is trying to call us back to that for which He created us – to worship Him and enjoy Him forever! It is then out of deep worship, that we do His work.
…I can safely say, on the authority of all that is revealed in the Word of God, that any man or woman on this earth who is bored and turned off by worship is not ready for heaven…”
(A. W. Tozer – “Whatever Happened to Worship?”)

It is the Spirit who draws us to worship. Let us desire with great urgency to cultivate an ear to hear what the Spirit is saying to the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment