Thursday, July 1, 2010

thoughts

I wanted to share something I just read from someone else on the thoughts of God. One of my biggest struggles is with my thoughts. They tend to be negative at times, and worse either when I'm too busy or when my life lacks structure. Like right now. When I am alone more than I want to be and face uncertainty.

We each have the same number of hours in a day and can do whatever we want with it. I want to live as fully as I can glorifying God and living my life out of love for Him. Sometimes my thoughts are the enemy that keeps me from being who I want to be. So here's what I read...

Abraham Kuyper, in his book “The work of the Holy Spirit”, writes;

“…We think, we are self conscious, and the threefold world about, above, and within us is reflected in our thoughts. The man of confused or unformed consciousness or one insane cannot act as a man. True, there are depths in our hearts which the plummet of our thinking has not sounded, but the influence that is to affect us deeply, clearly, with outlasting effect upon our personality, must be wrought through our self-consciousness…Our though-world is full of falsehood, and so is the outer world. But one thought-world is absolutely true, and that is the world of God’s thoughts. Into this world we must be brought, and it into us with the life that belongs to it, as brightness to light. Therefore redemption depends upon faith. To believe is to acknowledge that the entire world of thought within and around us is false, and that only God’s world of thought is true and abiding, and as such to accept and confess it. So it is still the tree of knowledge. But the fruit now taken and enjoyed grows upon the inward plant of self-emptying , whereby we renounce our own entire world of thought, no longer judging between good and evil, but faithfully repeating what God teaches, as ever little children in His school.
But this would not avail us if God’s thoughts came in unintelligible words, which would have been the case if the Holt Spirit had used mere words…”

No comments:

Post a Comment