Monday, October 4, 2010

Trust

In the middle of a chaotic and pretty stressful night at work, I had a small encouraging conversation with one of my patients. I thank God that she trusts
Him as she is old and suffering with bad health issues.

can't remember if it was a real story or fiction...

a man got to heaven and was talking to God. God was telling him "you didn't trust me on earth." the guy asked why not. God opened the door to a room. God told him that the room was FULL of things that God would have given the man if he only asked for them. Even small things, things that seemed insignificant. He didn't trust that God would've given them to him.

Are we not trusting that God will give us what we ask for(if it's consistent with who He is)? I forget about the everyday things. God is awesome...the giver of all things good. I'm asking for a house that we can bless others with. For an opportunity for a day job. What about a bass guitar? Is that too much to ask for? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment