Thursday, September 2, 2010

perspective...

Really wanting to have our own place; I struggle with patience in finding the right house. Wanting to be settled at a church, missing our church in Denver. Liking working nights but having trouble almost falling asleep on the way home all the time. Feeling sad and broken for the struggling church family where we used to go.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

What really stuck out as I read this is that Paul calls our troubles "light and momentary." And I'm sure he was dealing with stuff that is harder than what I'm dealing with. Even if it is hard...it really is temporary, and light, compared to the eternity we'll spend with Jesus! That is awesome. Thank you God for renewing me inwardly every day and giving me grace daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment