Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Cross

This is from Good Friday. I felt like God showed me in a fresh way what Jesus' death on the cross meant for me and for others. So here is a week and a half later, but I still want to share what I journaled anyway. :)

Jesus' death on the cross - I am actually grasping it a bit today. I don't know how to describe how I feel, but that I am really encountering God and being moved by what He has done for me on the cross. Maybe like the way I grasped it when I first asked Jesus into my heart as an 8 year old. I have some of the same emotions and feelings today. We went to the Good Friday service at Grace, where we worshiped together and ate our supper together. Caleb and I washed each others' feet. Then reflecting on different readings of what Jesus went through to pay for the sin of the world. And finishing with nailing a paper with our name & "sins" to a cross. I just forget so often what this all really means, and that it means more than anything else in my life. 

I'm feeling how deeply Jesus loves us. How I am accepted completely by him. I will stand before the throne of God someday - as His child and loved by Him. I am adequate because of what Jesus did for me. Enough because of His grace. Nothing on my own.

Thank you God for your intimate and infinite love. For knowing what we need and when we need it. 

We sang "Scandal of Grace" the next Sunday and these words describe exactly where I'm at.


Grace, what have You done?
Murdered for me on that cross
Accused in absence of wrong
My sin washed away in Your blood

Too much to make sense of it all
I know that Your love breaks my fall
The scandal of grace, You died in my place
So my soul will live

Oh to be like You
Give all I have just to know You
Jesus, there's no one besides You
Forever the hope in my heart

Death, where is your sting?
Your power is as dead as my sin
The cross has taught me to live
And mercy, my heart now to sing

The day and its trouble shall come
I know that Your strength is enough
The scandal of grace, You died in my place
So my soul will live

No comments:

Post a Comment