Friday, January 14, 2011

Indulge

Indulge (used with object)
2.
to yield to, satisfy, or gratify (desires, feelings, etc.): to indulge one's appetite for sweets.
3.
to yield to the wishes or whims of; be lenient or permissive with: to indulge a child.
4.
to allow (oneself) to follow one's will (usually fol. by in ): to indulge oneself in reckless spending.

Today I felt like God was telling me to stop, take time, and INDULGE in Him. We all talk about indulging in things, like food, but I've never thought before about indulging in God. What an incredible feeling. I was taking a walk in the snow at the time and it was awesome being in His beautiful creation and thinking about this. I want Jesus to fill me to overflowing with Him. How freeing it is to be able to want something and to indulge in it without limit!

So this is my one-word focus today(thanks Melissa for the idea) and hopefully indefinitely.

1 comment:

  1. i tagged caleb in a post i just did... you should blog again.

    ReplyDelete